Financial Aid Quick Info
Applying for financial aid? STEP 1: The 2015-2016 CSS PROFILE is available October 1, 2014. Trinity's CSS PROFILE code: 6831 Students who entered Trinity University prior to Fall 2013 are not required to complete the CSS PROFILE. STEP 2: The 2015-2016 FAFSA is available January 1, 2015. Trinity's FAFSA code: 003647 Entering students priority filing date for the FAFSA is February 15. Continuing students priority filing date for the FAFSA is May 1.
Applying for financial aid?
The 2015-2016 CSS PROFILE is available October 1, 2014.
Trinity's CSS PROFILE code: 6831
Students who entered Trinity University prior to Fall 2013 are not required to complete the CSS PROFILE.
The 2015-2016 FAFSA is available January 1, 2015.
Trinity's FAFSA code: 003647
Entering students priority filing date for the FAFSA is February 15.
Continuing students priority filing date for the FAFSA is May 1.
Office of Financial Aid
One Trinity Place
San Antonio, Texas 78212-7200
Students participating in a study abroad program should apply for financial aid in the same manner as students studying on-campus, by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by May 1. Please note that you and your family are responsible for paying for any study abroad related expenses not covered by your financial aid.
- Submit the Study Abroad Confirmation Form to inform the Office of Financial Aid that you will be studying abroad.
- Provide the Office of Financial Aid with a current program invoice, showing all payments (deposits, etc.) paid to the program, no later than one month before you go abroad.
- Complete all paperwork (ex: loan applications) prior to leaving for your study abroad.
- You will be billed directly by your program abroad. Many study abroad programs allow students to defer any balance owed that will be covered by your financial aid through Trinity and you then pay only the remaining costs not covered by financial aid. It is up to the student to confirm this with the Study Abroad program and obtain any forms that need to be completed by Trinity's Office of Financial Aid. NOTE: Outside scholarships will not be reported as available aid for a Study Abroad unless the Financial Aid Office receives confirmation from you that your outside scholarship will be processed through Trinity.
- Cancel Trinity's Payment Plan, if enrolled. Any balance already paid for the semester you plan to Study Abroad can be refunded to you. If you are interested in using a payment plan for your Study Abroad program, please contact your Host Institution, as many Study Abroad institutions have their own payment plan programs.
Your funds will be released no earlier than 15 business days after Trinity's first official day of class. After this time, and only if your student account is clear of any outstanding balance, the Office of Student Accounts will generate a check that will be sent to your Host Institution on your behalf. If you have a remaining credit balance it will be refunded to you; you may arrange to have a credit balance issued to you via e-refund or by paper check and mailed to your U.S. home address. You may also elect to decline a portion of your aid for your semester abroad or roll the excess funds over to your upcoming semester.
Be sure to budget for expenses (travel, groceries, textbooks, etc.) that arise before Trinity's scheduled disbursement date.
Most financial aid may be applied towards a semester or year abroad; however, certain types of aid are not transferrable for study abroad.
NON-TRANSFERRABLE FINANCIAL AID
National Presbyterian Scholarships
Federal or Texas Work-Study
Texas Tuition Equalization Grant (TEG)
Texas College Access Loan (CAL)
Texas B-On-Time Loan
Texas 5th Year Accounting Scholarship
Dependent Tuition Remission
Tuition Exchange; unless you study with one of our exchange partners.
All study abroad applications must go through the International Programs Office. Contact a study abroad counselor at (210) 999-7313 for advising.