Lecturers and Visiting Scholars Committee
Northrup Hall 410
One Trinity Place
San Antonio, Texas 78212-7200
(210) 999-8234 fax
The Lecturers and Visiting Scholars Committee's next proposal deadline is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 22, 2013.
Please note that a proposal must be sponsored by two or more departments or programs (sponsorship is indicated by support of at least $50). The committee is more likely to support funding for travel, lodging, and honoraria than for receptions and dinners. Events are expected to engage a significant number of students. Students may propose speakers by enlisting endorsement by faculty in departments or programs.
Application Procedure and FormTo request funding for a visiting scholar, please do the following:
- Complete the application cover page form.
- Provide a detailed description (not to exceed one page) of the speaker's activities while on campus, including dates, meetings with specific classes, and opportunities to talk to students.
- Provide a brief curriculum vitae for the speaker.
- Attach any other relevant documents.
- The complete application may not exceed five pages, including the cover page.
Please submit the documents to Mark Brodl (firstname.lastname@example.org) in PDF FORMAT via email. Submission of a single PDF document that provides the above items is preferred.