Student Complaint Form
Northrup Hall, Suite 118
One Trinity Place, #40
San Antonio, TX 78212-7200
Trinity University offers members of the University community the right to have disputes resolved through the Student Conduct Board, University Conduct Board, Honor Council, and grade appeals process. Standards of Conduct and other policies are outlined in the Trinity University Student Handbook and Web page.
Issues and complaints that cannot be addressed through established channels should be resolved, if possible, between involved parties. In other situations, students are encouraged to submit complaints to the Dean of Students.
The student may file a formal complaint with the Dean of Students describing the treatment, action or decision at issue and the remedy sought. To file a formal complaint, complete this form electronically and return it to the Dean of Students office at firstname.lastname@example.org or TU Box #40.
The Dean of Students will investigate student complaints.
- The complaining party will be interviewed by the Dean of Students.
- The investigation may include contact with other parties involved.
- If appropriate, efforts may be taken to resolve a conflict by bringing parties together for discussion.
- Supervisers of employees may be contacted if complaints involve their areas.
- Complaints related to the Dean of Students office should be referred directly to the Vice President for Faculty and Student Affairs.
- Written decisions will be sent to all parties involved.
- Written appeals may be submitted to the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs within five days of the original decision.
- A record of complaints will be maintained in the Office of the Dean of Students.
All student complaints must first be addressed internally. If the internal resources have been exhausted and the complaint is not satisfactorily resolved, the student may file a complaint with the regulatory agency in the state that he or she is receiving instruction and/or the institution's accrediting agency. Contact information for these agencies is below:
Office of the Attorney General of Texas
Consumer Protection Division
P.O. Box 12548
Austin, TX 78711-2548
President, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097