Setting up a Network Printer
Note: These directions apply to faculty and staff only.
For Windows Users
To add a network printer using a Windows computer, please follow these steps:
- Click Start.
- In the search box, type \\its-hood and click enter.
- The following window will appear:
- Double click on the printer that you wish to install. If you're prompted to setup the printer and continue, click Yes.
- Once the printer is installed, the printer window will appear. At this point, if you wish to make the printer your default, click Printer, Set as Default Printer. Otherwise, just close the printer window.
For Mac Users
To add a network printer using a Mac computer, please follow these steps:
- Click on the Apple logo on the upper left-hand side of the desktop.
- From the drop-down menu, select System Preferences.
- From the given menu layout, select Print & Scan.
- Once the printer select screen comes up, click on the Add button (+).
- Choose the option Add Other Printer or Scanner.
- From this menu, select the IP tab.
- Choose Internet Printing Protocol - IPP for the Protocol.
- For the Address line, please input the IP address of the desired printer. If you have trouble locating the IP address for your desired printer, just call the ITS Helpdesk (ext. 7409) for assistance.
- Once the IP address has been entered, the computer will automatically detect the approriate driver for the printer.
- Once the driver has been found, the model number will appear under the Print Using line.
- If you choose to do, you may enter information to name the printer and its location.
- Click the Add button.
The printer will now appear on the list of printers that have been added to the computer.