Master of Arts in Teaching
Department of Education
Storch Memorial Building
One Trinity Place
San Antonio, TX 78212
Identified As One Of The Seven Premier Teacher Preparation Programs In The Nation.
An Unparalleled Program
Trinity University's teacher preparation program is recognized as one of seven premier teacher preparation programs in the nation.
Our five-year experience offers a combined baccalaureate and professional Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) degree. Trinity undergraduates intending to enter the M.A.T. program major in the subject they plan to teach, and earn a bachelor of arts or bachelor of science in their academic discipline upon completion of undergraduate studies. Students then continue on into the one year, graduate-level program to earn their masters as well as state teacher certification during the 5th year.
While a vast majority of program applicants are recent Trinity graduates, each year, a number of highly qualified post-baccalaureate students from other universities are accepted into this one-year graduate program.
Highlights of the program:
- A nationally-recognized program that provides innovative and challenging opportunities for candidates interested in teaching in the nation's public, private, or charter elementary, middle, and high schools.
- Professional development schools provide opportunities for teacher candidates to receive strong field experience in San Antonio public schools where Trinity has a long and sustained partnership.
- Scholarships and financial aid are available through federal grants and endowed funds to help students defray the cost of tuition.
- A strong alumni network where graduates receive lifetime career placement support. Accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education, the most rigorous accreditation in the country.
- Trinity has a 100 percent job placement rate for its M.A.T. graduates.
- Public Information about Educator Preparation Programs in Texas is provided by the Texas Education Agency.