Senior Year Experience
Senior Year Experience
One Trinity Place, #94
San Antonio, TX 78212-7200
The future starts here!
Did you know that there is a committee of students, faculty, and staff committed to offering programs and services just for seniors? Our mission is to provide education, resources, and programming to support and celebrate seniors' transition to life after Trinity University.
- Participate in Senior Year Experience events
- Talk with your academic advisor and make sure all graduation requirements are complete
- Follow graduation checkout guidelines
- Decide whether you are pursuing graduate education or employment
- Take graduate/professional school exams early in your senior year
- Make sure you know the timeline for application to graduate/professional school
- Complete applications to graduation/professional school
- Update your resume and make sure it is active in TigerJobs and uploaded to the Career Services' web resume book
- Attend Making Connections
- Develop your professional network
- Consult with Career Services about your career and job application plan
- Attend Career Services workshops
- Learn more about financial literacy
- Buy your class ring and attend the Ring Ceremony
- Give to the Senior Gift
- Attend Countdown to Commencement
- Attend Wine, Dine, and Act Fine
- Attend Career Fairs
- Conduct informational interviews with individuals in occupations/organizations (or graduate schools) of interest
- Attend the Casino Tower Party
- Attend the Last Great Reception
- Attend Twilight at Trinity
Seniors, are you stressing about entering the working world? There's no need for that. Check out this list of tips for your first day on the job, and contact Career Services for additional information.
Did you know that with just a small gap in health insurance coverage, it is possible to be denied full coverage right way through an employer plan? It is important to have medical coverage while job searching, waiting for employer benefits to begin or while attending grad school. There are amazing health and financial benefits available through Trinity's Alumni Association. Check out www.newgradzone.com to learn more about plans designed to help protect you as you transition into your new life.