Financial Aid Quick Info
Applying for financial aid? STEP 1: The 2015-2016 CSS PROFILE is available October 1, 2014. Trinity's CSS PROFILE code: 6831 Students who entered Trinity University prior to Fall 2013 are not required to complete the CSS PROFILE. STEP 2: The 2015-2016 FAFSA is available January 1, 2015. Trinity's FAFSA code: 003647 Entering students priority filing date for the FAFSA is February 15. Continuing students priority filing date for the FAFSA is May 1.
Applying for financial aid?
The 2015-2016 CSS PROFILE is available October 1, 2014.
Trinity's CSS PROFILE code: 6831
Students who entered Trinity University prior to Fall 2013 are not required to complete the CSS PROFILE.
The 2015-2016 FAFSA is available January 1, 2015.
Trinity's FAFSA code: 003647
Entering students priority filing date for the FAFSA is February 15.
Continuing students priority filing date for the FAFSA is May 1.
Office of Financial Aid
One Trinity Place
San Antonio, Texas 78212-7200
Trinity University takes various factors into account when determining eligibility for financial aid, including adjusted gross income, federal and state taxes paid, assets and holdings, the size of the family, and the number of siblings enrolled in college. Students will be considered for federal, state and institutional funding in light of eligibility requirements. Only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may submit a financial aid application. Students who are neither a U.S. Citizens nor Permanent Resident may be considered for scholarship funding through the international students admissions process.
Meeting deadlines is a very important part of the financial aid process as funding for various programs is limited. Students should submit the appropriate financial aid application(s) by the priority filling deadline to ensure that he or she will be given the maximum consideration for programs with limited funds.
After submitting your application for financial aid you may be notified that you were selected for verification, you may receive a request for additional documentation to complete your aid application or we may simply generate your financial aid award. You are required to submit the appropriate financial aid application(s) for each year that you wish to apply for financial aid at Trinity.
STEP 1: CSS PROFILE (Available beginning October 1, 2014)
Required for students entering Trinity University in the Fall 2014 semester or later to be considered for institutional aid.
- Register- ensure that you complete the 2015-16 version of the CSS PROFILE
- Be Informed- access application instructions and your customized pre-application worksheet
- Complete- use your pre-application worksheet to complete the CSS PROFILE. The Noncustodial PROFILE is not required. Utilize the "Explanations" section of the CSS PROFILE to address special circumstances or provide context for areas that you feel need further explanation.
- Submit- include Trinity University's CSS ID#: 6831, once submitted you will only be able to make corrections to your CSS PROFILE by contacting Trinity directly.
STEP 2: FAFSA (Available beginning January 1, 2015)
Required for all students to be considered for federal and state aid; as well as institutional aid for students who entered Trinity University in the Spring 2014 semester or earlier.
- Register- You and a parent must both apply for a FSA ID (independent students can apply without parental information). Your FSA ID serves as your electronic signature and will provide access to personal records.
- Be Informed- access the FAFSA on the Web Worksheet for a preview of the questions you may be asked
- Complete- enter student and parental information, if applicable. Should you run into questions, many of them can be answered here.
- Submit- include Trinity University's Federal School Code: 003647, once submitted review your Student Aid Report (SAR) and make changes directly to your FAFSA, if necessary
Priority Filing Deadlines
- Early Decision I & Early Action I, November 1st
- Early Decision II & Early Action II, January 1st
- Regular Decision, February 1st
- Prospective First Year & Transfer Students, February 15th
- Continuing Students, May 1st
- Spring Semester Only Students, November 1st