- Current News Releases
- News Release 2012-2013
- News Release Archive
- In the Media
- Campus Events
- Social Media
- In Memoriam
For the Media
- Trinity Magazine
- Trinitonian - Student Newspaper
- KRTU - Campus Radio Station
- LeeRoy - Daily Campus News
For Our Community
Trinity University to hold multiple events to celebrate the season
Students play bells at one of the Open Houses on Oakmont
SAN ANTONIO - Laurie Auditorium was filled with resplendent holiday music during the annual Christmas Concert on the last day of November, but Trinity University will continue to celebrate the season in December.
A special Trinity tradition is Christmas Vespers, which will begin at 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2 in Parker Chapel, and will be followed by Open Houses on Oakmont. The Trinity community and alumni are invited to both of the joyful events that are known to herald in the spirit of the season.
Other campus events that are free, open to the public, and are being held in observance of the holidays are:
- Wednesday, Dec. 5: At 2 p.m., the University's two a capella student groups, the Trinitones and the AcaBellas, will gather in the Tigers' Den to present holiday music.
- Wednesday, Dec. 5: Beginning at 7 p.m., the holiday celebrating continues with three student groups - the Black Student Union, the Jewish Student Association, and Latino Exchange. The event will take place in the Coates University Center Fiesta Room.
- Sunday, Dec. 9: Another Trinity tradition, the German Christmas Candlelight Service, will begin at 5:30 p.m. in Parker Chapel.
- Thursday, Dec. 13: The choir from Hawthorne Academy will present a holiday performance at 10 a.m. in the lobby of the Coates University Center.