FASTER Grant - Current Students
Financial Aid Quick Info
Applying for need-based funding?
Trinity's FAFSA code: 003647
The 2013-2014 FAFSA is available January 1, 2013 at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Priority filing date for the FAFSA is February 15.
Partial support for this program was provided by the National Science Foundation. Any opinions, feelings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of Trinity University and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
Application Deadline: We are not currently accepting applications at this time. When additional funds become available, we will have a call for applications. If you have questions, please contact the Program Staff.
Who is eligible?
- Juniors and seniors with a declared major in the following degree programs: Biology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering Science, Geosciences, Mathematics, or Physics
- students with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- those with full-time student enrollment status
- students who qualify for U.S. Federal Aid status based on citizenship status
- students who demonstrate financial need based upon successful completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
The FASTER grants are designed to replace need based loans or unmet need. If you did not submit a FAFSA in the early spring of this year, you can submit it now to the Office of Financial Aid.
Preference will be given to students demonstrating academic promise with declared majors in departments underrepresented among other grant recipients.
How to apply?
- Complete the FASTER Grant Application for Current Students (link available when there is a call for applications)
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Submit an up-to-date transcript and one recommendation letter from your academic advisor or department chair to Dr. Wilson Terrell Jr., Department of Engineering Science