Computer Science | Majors & Minors
Department of Computer Science
One Trinity Place
San Antonio, TX 78212-7200
Trinity's computer science department provides students broad training in the areas of design, systems, applications, and the theory of computing. In addition, students receive substantial laboratory experience with computers, programming, and other related areas, offering a much broader view of the discipline. The curriculum is flexible, reflecting the significant changes that have occurred in the discipline in recent years and follows specific guidelines from the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), the principle computer science professional society.
The department offers:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - This track is ideal for students interested in pursuing a career in computer science immediately after receiving their diploma, as well as those who are interested in graduate study in the field.
- Computing as a second major - This major is a great option for those students whose first major is in a discipline where computing plays a significant role.
- Computer science minor - The minor is designed to provide students with entry-level career skills in computing, as well as substantial computing background for graduate studies in fields where computers have become primary research tools.
- Management information systems minor - This minor provides business-oriented students with the computer skills needed to efficiently manage and transmit information.
- Scientific computing minor - The minor is designed for science and engineering majors who wish to explore the application of computing within the natural sciences.